Welcoming Babies & Serving Families
Providing doula trainings to aspiring doulas and assisting other midwives in
Providing Prenatal Care & Home Birth or Birth Center Delivery for Pregnant Women & Families in Upstate SC
Spartanburg, Greenville and Surrounding Counties
April 21, 2018 my beautiful baby boy came into this world with the help of Susan Smart! I had the most amazing birth experience and I thank Susan as my midwife for that experience! If I ever become pregnant again she will be the first person I call! Some of the best things are:
1) Susan has the most calming presence, and that is a truly amazing gift!!! I really appreciated this quality during birth!
2) Susan really knows her stuff! She has been a midwife for many years and has the experience and wisdom that comes from all those years. She was my mom's midwife who delivered me! Her years of experience gave me peace of mind when we chose her as my midwife for a home birth.
3) Susan worked with my busy schedule, coming to my house every prenatal checkup after I got off work.
4) Susan empowered me to take my health into my own hands, meaning she gave me the information I needed to make good choices which helped me to have a healthy baby boy and an amazing birth. She really took the time to explain things and how they can help, why they can help. Every question she patiently answered.
5) Susan is the sweetest person who genuinely cares about you and your baby! She was right there with me my whole pregnancy and soothed all my fears during birth! When I went into labor and gave birth in 2 1/2 hours, she was right there calmly and professionally handled everything!
Those are just a few of the things I loved! I could go on and on! I loved my experience with Susan, and I definitely recommend having her as your midwife!
SO if you have any question about why you should choose Susan as your midwife, feel free to reach out and ask me, I would be happy to answer you questions!
I could not be happier with my experience with Susan! She was wonderful and went above and beyond and always watched out for the best of me & my baby!
My labor was different than my previous 2 children but Susan was so knowledgeable through it all and such a presence of peace during my labor. I was so grateful for her support & encouragement!
We also had complications breastfeeding after the labor that she helped trouble shoot along with going out of her way to get a chiropractor to the birth center to adjust my baby.
I would recommend her in a heartbeat!
I am so glad that we chose to go with Susan. My first pregnancy ended in miscarriage, and Susan walked me through the difficult time. She helped explain what could be going on and what could assist with the pain physically, mentally, and emotionally. She was available throughout the night via text and phone call and checked up with me for the days afterward. Even though she had provided care for almost 3 months by that time, she refused any form of pay.
So when I found out I was pregnant again, she was my first call. Again, Susan showed an amazing knowledge of what was going on and anytime I worried about anything she could give me several possibilities of what may be going on and explained what to do should any particular symptoms progress. All in all, she helped walk me through my fears and calmly assured me in the entire process.
I loved Susan’s service so much that when we moved out of town at 36 weeks, I continued to drive 3 hours (one way) to see her for checkups instead of transferring care. And I am so glad that I did!!!
Susan has become what I would consider a friend of mine. I would look forward to my prenatal check-ups so I could learn more about my pregnancy and she had a well informed answer for every question. I still keep in touch with her every once in a while, 5 months after my delivery.
If you are in the Greenville area or even a bit beyond, I would highly recommend Susan. No question about it.
P.S. Susan has many years of experience and you can tell. She was my mom’s midwife for my birth!
Susan is an exceptional midwife! I have known her over 23 years and have been a client of hers 5 times over the course of 12 years. She is extremely professional and the level of care she gives her clients is thorough with excellent bedside manner. Through all 5 of my pregnancies she has cared for my entire well being; well beyond the pregnancy and baby. My appointments always lasted close to an hour or longer and I always felt such peace after each visit.
My last delivery required an unexpected transfer to the hospital where she remained with me. She was encouraging and so supportive the entire time.
The well being of mother and baby are her utmost concern and I fully trust her decision making in times of unexpected events.
My husband and I both are so grateful for Susan and the beautiful births she’s helped us achieve.